Serious Eaters clung on to the last bits of summer this month, feasting on lobster rolls, heirloom tomatoes, and fancy grapes before the first frost. We also clocked some serious mileage, checking in from Maine to Oregon, with pit stops in New Orleans and Chicago in between. Click through to see our best bites in the slideshow above, and let us know what the best thing you ate this month was in the comments!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- Quick! Make These Fried Eggs With Morels, Ramps, and Bacon
- 18 Refreshing Recipes for Lemonade and Limeade
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- 30-Minute Meal Plan: Quick and Simple Recipes to Free Up a Busy Week