Serious Eaters clung on to the last bits of summer this month, feasting on lobster rolls, heirloom tomatoes, and fancy grapes before the first frost. We also clocked some serious mileage, checking in from Maine to Oregon, with pit stops in New Orleans and Chicago in between. Click through to see our best bites in the slideshow above, and let us know what the best thing you ate this month was in the comments!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- How to Make Boston Baked Beans, the Low, Slow, Old-Fashioned Way
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Halibut
- Better Than Classic: Our Nordstrom-Inspired Tomato Soup
- How to Make Quick Dill Pickles to Top Burgers and Sandwiches