A Hamburger Today
Open Thread: What's Your Fantasy Food Band Called?
If you hang around SEHQ long enough, you're pretty much guaranteed to catch one of us rocking out, whether it's Jamie blasting Bruce Springsteen on the 4th of July, Ed air-guitaring to Tom Petty on a Friday afternoon, or Ben cranking Beyonce's 'Halo' pretty much...all the time. In short: we like music almost as much as we like food, so it's only natural that we'd find a way to combine the two, even if it's only in our heads. Here's a look at some of the more clever food-related bands we invented in the office:
- Ramp It Up, the late '90s boy band best known for their catchy hits "In Season" and "Scarce."
- The Grass Feds, a '60s psychedelic cover band whose members are all retired FBI agents.
- A self-aware Cream cover band of 3 called "Whole Milk." But when their drummer left, they had to downgrade to "2%".
- Anne Chovie, an all-girl Bon Jovi cover band extolling the virtues (or, um, singing the praises) of anchovies.
- The Specktacles, a '70s German punk band delivering serious social commentary.
- The Pop Tarts, who are either cookie-cutter airheads or masters of ironic pop.
- I Hate Your Pancakes, a hardcore punk band.
- The Stellar Loaves, ironic macrobiotic space-rockers.
So, what about you? If you were in a band involving food, what would you be called, and what kind of music would you play? Hit us with your best shots in the comments!