Enter the 2013 Serious Eats Pumpkin Carving Contest!
Sharpen those knifes, because we're resurrecting our semi-annual pumpkin carving contest this year! Now that you know how to carve any photograph into a pumpkin —and what to do with the seeds — the pumpkin patch is your oyster.
Use this Ed-O-Lantern for inspiration, and let your imagination run wild. To enter, simply upload your photo to Photograzing (you'll need to log into your Serious Eats account, or sign up here), or snap your masterpiece on Instagram and tag it @seriouseats. Bonus points will be awarded for food-centric creations. Give us your best!
- Deadline: You have until Thursday, October 31 at 6 p.m. (EST) to upload photos.
- What we're looking for: Originality, creativity, and craftsmanship. Try to take the best photo possible, and make sure to include a description with your submission. Winners are limited to residents of the continental U.S.
- Judges: The Serious Eats team
- Inspiration: 2010 winners, 2009 winners, 2008 winners, essential pumpkin carving toolkit, and how-to instructions (beginner and advanced).
- Prize: A signed copy of the SE book!