As summer winds down, we polished off some late-summer treats, from beachfront chilaquiles to a savory BLT ice cream (really, it works), with some pizza and oysters thrown in for good measure. Click through the slideshow for our best bites of August, and let us know in the comments what you loved this month!
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique