Welcome to Serious Eats' Corn Week 2013. All week we'll be featuring recipes, techniques, and how-tos about how to get the most out of the sweet summer corn that should soon be flooding our farmers' markets, including a new grilled corn topping idea each day.
Yesterday, I mentioned that my Grilled Corn with Spicy Korean Miso Sauce recipe was a great mashup of several different sources. Today we've got what might be the king of backyard grilled corn mashups: Buffalo Grilled Corn.
It's exactly what it sounds like. Almost.
I tried making a batch exactly as I'd do it for buffalo wings—coating with a mixture of Frank's hot sauce and butter, then serving with a mayo-based blue cheese dressing—but it didn't quite work. The sauce doesn't cling the way I want it to, and dipping corn into dressing is just too awkward.
Instead, I shuffled things around a bit, mixing the Frank's with mayonnaise to slather over the corn after it was cooked, then topping the whole thing with an extra drizzle of Frank's and plenty of crumbled blue cheese and chives.
The result evokes buffalo chicken, but really works for corn. And it's a vegetable, so it's gotta be healthier, right?
Get the Recipe
More Grilled Corn Recipes!
- Grilled Corn with Spicy Korean Miso Sauce
- Grilled Corn with Garlic and Ginger Soy-Butter
- Grilled Corn with Harissa and Mint
- Grilled Corn with Chili Mayo, Coconut, and Fish Sauce
- Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
- Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites)
- Italian-Style Grilled Corn
- Grilled Corn with Chili-Lime Butter
- Grilled Corn with Spicy Miso Butter