A Hamburger Today
Six Great Seattle Charcuteries to Feed Your Inner Carnivore
Charcuterie has hit Seattle in a big way. The ancient meat preservation technique includes salting, smoking, curing, slow-cooking, and emulsifying. Restaurants across the city are offering house-smoked this and house-cured that but if, like me, you prefer creating your own picnic fun, you'll need that pâté to go. Whether it's Italian salami from Salumi, the elder statesmen of the bunch, or a modern mousse from upstart Rain Shadow Squared, you'll find something to satisfy your carnivorous side.
Click through the slideshow for six great picks from Seattle charcuteries, or see all the picks below.
- Rillettes de Canard from Sea Breeze Farm
- Cured and Smoked Pork Sirloin from The Swinery
- Landjaeger from Bavarian Meats
- Pork Liver Mousse from Rain Shadow Meats Squared
- Mortadella with Pistachio from Dot's Delicatessen
- Cured Meats sampler from Salumi Artisan Cured Meats
About the author: Cameron Kane really likes charcuterie. A lot.