Corn Week 2013 Recap: Recipes, Tips, Techniques, Mythbusting, and More!
Corn Week 2013 has come and gone, but we're still in the height of corn season, so let's keep those cobs a-turnin' and those kernels a-grillin' for just a little bit longer, shall we?
Here's all of the great grilled corn recipes, corn techniques posts, and more in one easy location.
Techniques, Tips, and How-Tos!
- Here's a Knife Skills Video on how to remove corn from the cob, along with great tips on shopping and storage.
- Want to know the best way to grill corn? We've got three different methods, each with their distinct advantages and disadvantages. Sort of like MarioKart drivers.
- Has anyone ever told you to soak your corn in salt water before grilling? Read up on why this is a very bad idea.
From the Grill:
- The Best Basic Grilled Corn »
- Grilled Corn with Spicy Korean Miso Sauce »
- Grilled Corn with Garlic and Ginger Soy-Butter »
- Grilled Corn with Harissa and Mint »
- Grilled Corn with Chili Mayo, Coconut, and Fish Sauce »
- Mexican Street Corn (Elotes) »
- Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites) »
- Italian-Style Grilled Corn »
- Grilled Corn with Chili-Lime Butter »
- Grilled Corn with Spicy Miso Butter »
- Buffalo Grilled Corn »
In The Kitchen:
- The Best Corn Chowder »
- Creamy Corn Soup with Roasted Poblano Chili »
- Charred Corn and Zucchini Tacos »
- Grilled Cheese with Charred Chili and Corn »
- Fresh Corn Salad with Scallions and Basil »
- Corn Som Tam with Shrimp »
- Sweet Corn Cocktail »
- Corn Paletas (Mexican Popsicles) »
Still want more corn? Check out some more Summer Corn Recipes We Love! »
About the author: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt is the Chief Creative Officer of Serious Eats where he likes to explore the science of home cooking in his weekly column The Food Lab. You can follow him at @thefoodlab on Twitter, or at The Food Lab on Facebook.