Hey Serious Eaters!
I get emails all the time from readers saying, "Hey man, I've favorited a recipe, but all that does is make it show up in chronological order in my profile page. When the heck are you going to implement a real recipe box feature on the site?"
Well, I'm happy to announce that your time has come.
We've teamed up with the folks at ZipList, one of the best recipe sites around, to integrate a fully functional recipe box feature. You may have noticed the "Save Recipe" button on recipe pages today. Once you're logged into your Serious Eats account, all you've got to to is click on that button, and the recipe will be automatically saved to your recipe box. To get to your recipe box, click on the "Recipe Box" link at the top right corner of the page when you're logged in to your Serious Eats account.
Some of the things you can do with your ZipList recipe box include:
- Save and organize any of the over 10,000 tasted, tested, and Serious Eats-approved recipes.
- Store recipes from any of the 6,500 other sites that have partnered with ZipList, from Epicurious and Martha Stewart to thousands of smaller food blogs.
- Automatically generate complete shopping lists for your recipes, including smart lists that will suggest items that you may already have in your home kitchen.
- See what ingredients are currently on sale at stores in your area.
- Sync your recipes and shopping lists with your mobile devices. Plan a menu at home, then access your shopping list directly from your phone at the supermarket!
Want to learn more? Click here for full instructions on setting up your recipe box.
Once you've got a chance to play around with it a bit, please let us know what you think. You can either post directly in the comments below, or email me at [email protected]