A Hamburger Today
17 Bean Recipes To Beat The Cold
So you've made that New Year's resolution to eat more vegetables, but the weather's cold, and you're looking for some more rib-sticking fare. Beans are the best compromise in situations like this. And who are we kidding? Beans are no compromise at all—they're downright awesome on their own merits.
Here are 17 easy bean recipes to help beat the cold.
- Vegan: Garbanzos con Espinacas y Jengibre (Spanish Chickpea and Spinach Stew with Ginger)
- The Best Vegetarian Bean Chili
- Swiss Chard, Fennel, and White Bean Gratin
- 30-Minute Black Bean Soup
- 30-Minute White Bean Turkey Chili
- 30-Minute Pasta and Kidney Bean Soup (Pasta e Fagioli)
- Chickpea, Coconut, and Cashew Curry
- 30-Minute Tuscan White Bean Soup
- Roast Turkey and Black Bean Quesadillas
- Easy Pork and Three Bean Chili
- Cassoulet-Style Sausage 'n' Beans
- Provençal White Bean Dip
- Maple Baked Beans
- Serious Salads: White Bean and Mint Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Chickpea Salad with Cumin Vinaigrette
- Chickpea Fritters with Yogurt Sauce
- Chickpea, Potato, and Spinach Jalfrezi with Cilantro Chutney
About the author: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt is the Chief Creative Officer of Serious Eats where he likes to explore the science of home cooking in his weekly column The Food Lab. You can follow him at @thefoodlab on Twitter, or at The Food Lab on Facebook.