Wait, it's not March 14th. We still have a couple of months before Pi Day. But today the pie gods are giving us another excuse to eat pie. January 23 is National Pie Day as sanctioned by the Pie Council (yes, such a council exists). They picked 1/23 because "celebrating is as easy as 1-2-3."
This means, if you haven't eaten a pie already, locating one should be very high on your priority list. In addition to the sweet pies, save room for a slice of the savory stuff, too.
Herewith recipes for turkey pot pie, Cornish pasties, cornbread skillet pie, shepherd's pie, and more.
All the Recipes
- Shepherd's Pie with Jalapeno-Pea Purée »
- Rabbit, Prune, and Onion Pie »
- Bacon Mincemeat Pie »
- Cornish Pasty »
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie »
- Sausage and Feta Hand Pies »
- Green Bean Casserole Pie »
- Long Leek Pie »
- Cornbread and Beef Skillet Pie »
- Steak and Kidney Pie »