Green beans are an important staple of the Thanksgiving meal. Among all the beige-colored foods—turkey, potatoes, biscuits, and gravy—they're a necessary shot of color (same goes for cranberry sauce). If you feel like branching out from your usual casserole this year, check out these great green bean dishes.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- We Aged Eggnog for 1 Year to See if It's Worth the Wait
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- How to Make Boston Baked Beans, the Low, Slow, Old-Fashioned Way
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Halibut