Green beans are an important staple of the Thanksgiving meal. Among all the beige-colored foods—turkey, potatoes, biscuits, and gravy—they're a necessary shot of color (same goes for cranberry sauce). If you feel like branching out from your usual casserole this year, check out these great green bean dishes.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- How to Make Boston Baked Beans, the Low, Slow, Old-Fashioned Way
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Halibut
- White Sauce Can't Clump: How to Make Smooth, Silky Béchamel
- Better Than Classic: Our Nordstrom-Inspired Tomato Soup