Green beans are an important staple of the Thanksgiving meal. Among all the beige-colored foods—turkey, potatoes, biscuits, and gravy—they're a necessary shot of color (same goes for cranberry sauce). If you feel like branching out from your usual casserole this year, check out these great green bean dishes.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster