There's so much going on in Talk and the comments week to week that we almost can't keep up. If you're in the same boat, here's a small selection of topics and responses that have piqued our interest this week.
"In the future, I hope this post is referred to only as The Nameless One."—darklighter
"Sometimes you drink for comfort; sometimes you drink for speed."—CHCampbell
"Inverted chicken pot pie: microwave a can of chicken stew, and spoon it over a store-bought buttermilk biscuit (or get some fresh from KFC).
Spiral cut hotdogs - because presentation is important!
Vienna sausage pâté.
" — Mike Logue
"You can't eat an 18-wheeler diesel-engine truck."—sbp123
"There are two possible answers to this.
1) Because it does, shut up and eat
2) its God's will, shut up and eat
or at least that how i explained it to my kids when they asked." — Meat guy
"I make a fair bit of condiments, depends on my mood. I use to use a lot of sour cream, but lately, I've been substituting greek yoghurt in whole or in part with good results.
* Dipping sauce: Equal parts mayo and greek yoghurt + curry powder/smoky paprika/cumin + avocado (to taste)
* Thicker dipping sauce: Equal parts cream cheese & greek yoghurt + salsa/ranch seasoning/curry + avocado (to taste)
* Honey-mustard (3 parts mustard to 1 part honey)
* Tartar sauce. I substitute greek yoghurt for the mayo and omit the hot sauce.
* Special sauce"— Ketherian
"Salanth - the mixed ketchup and mustard is a big hit at my house, especially for pigs in blankets. The kids call it "Mustup," after I put the nix on "Ketch-tard.""— Ancient Acolyte