Look Who's Talkin': Comments, Quips, and Tips We Have Known and Loved
There's so much going on in Talk and the comments week to week that we almost can't keep up. If you're in the same boat, here's a small selection of topics and responses that have piqued our interest this week.
"In the future, I hope this post is referred to only as The Nameless One."—darklighter
"Sometimes you drink for comfort; sometimes you drink for speed."—CHCampbell
"Inverted chicken pot pie: microwave a can of chicken stew, and spoon it over a store-bought buttermilk biscuit (or get some fresh from KFC).
Spiral cut hotdogs - because presentation is important!
Vienna sausage pâté.
" — Mike Logue
"You can't eat an 18-wheeler diesel-engine truck."—sbp123
"There are two possible answers to this.
1) Because it does, shut up and eat
2) its God's will, shut up and eat
or at least that how i explained it to my kids when they asked." — Meat guy
"I make a fair bit of condiments, depends on my mood. I use to use a lot of sour cream, but lately, I've been substituting greek yoghurt in whole or in part with good results.
* Dipping sauce: Equal parts mayo and greek yoghurt + curry powder/smoky paprika/cumin + avocado (to taste)
* Thicker dipping sauce: Equal parts cream cheese & greek yoghurt + salsa/ranch seasoning/curry + avocado (to taste)
* Honey-mustard (3 parts mustard to 1 part honey)
* Tartar sauce. I substitute greek yoghurt for the mayo and omit the hot sauce.
* Special sauce"— Ketherian
"Salanth - the mixed ketchup and mustard is a big hit at my house, especially for pigs in blankets. The kids call it "Mustup," after I put the nix on "Ketch-tard.""— Ancient Acolyte