Atlanta Food & Wine Festival, kicking off today and lasting through May 13, is at a time of year when markets in the South are really getting exciting. Nothing like warm-weather produce to put a smile on a chef's face! We asked nine Southern chefs what ingredients they look forward to all year. Check our their favorites in the slideshow above.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Brandade: The Dish That Will Teach You to Love Salt Cod
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese