Atlanta Food & Wine Festival, kicking off today and lasting through May 13, is at a time of year when markets in the South are really getting exciting. Nothing like warm-weather produce to put a smile on a chef's face! We asked nine Southern chefs what ingredients they look forward to all year. Check our their favorites in the slideshow above.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- Beyond Memorial Day Burgers: 13 Recipes for Grilled Steak and More
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- Serious Eats Recommends: 6 Food-Focused Books, Podcasts, and TV Shows We Love Right Now
- The Best Sautéed Broccoli Rabe Is Overcooked Broccoli Rabe