Atlanta Food & Wine Festival, kicking off today and lasting through May 13, is at a time of year when markets in the South are really getting exciting. Nothing like warm-weather produce to put a smile on a chef's face! We asked nine Southern chefs what ingredients they look forward to all year. Check our their favorites in the slideshow above.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- A Social History of Jell-O Salad: The Rise and Fall of an American Icon
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Beyond the Taco: 30 Mexican, Mexican-Inspired, and Tex-Mex Recipes
- Turn Scallion Greens and Tomato Skins From Trash to Delicious Powdered Treasure