Atlanta Food & Wine Festival, kicking off today and lasting through May 13, is at a time of year when markets in the South are really getting exciting. Nothing like warm-weather produce to put a smile on a chef's face! We asked nine Southern chefs what ingredients they look forward to all year. Check our their favorites in the slideshow above.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast