36 + Recipes For Easy Cinco De Mayo Entertaining
Itching to get your fiesta on this weekend? Here are over 36 recipes for easy Cinco De Mayo entertaining. Whether it's tacos for a crowd, simple salsas, main courses for a dinner party, or seasonal margaritas for sipping on the deck, we've got you covered. Click through straight to the recipes, or if you're the visual type, browse through the slideshow for inspiration.
The ultimate Mexican finger food. Here are 9 recipes that run the gamut from ultra-meaty to completely vegetarian. If you're feeling especially ambitious, try making your own tortillas.
- Beef Barbacoa Tacos »
- Tacos de Lengua »
- Steak Tacos with Roasted Tomato Green Chili Salsa »
- Spicy Chipotle-Marinated Steak Tacos »
- Fresh Fish Tacos »
- Charred Corn and Zucchini Tacos »
- Potato Tacos (tacos de papa) »
- The Food Lab's Tacos De Carnitas »
- How To Make Tortillas »
Salsas and Guacamole
Whether you make it from scratch or buy it in a jar, salsa and guacamole are essential partners in crime for any successful chip platter. Here are our favorite store-bought brands, as well as a few recipes to make salsa at home, and over a dozen ways to jazz up your guacamole.
- Taste Test: The Best Jarred Salsa »
- Habañero Hot Sauce »
- Homemade Salsa Verde »
- Hot Creamy Salsa Verde »
- The Best Basic Guacamole
- 12+ Variations For Your Guacamole »
Snack and Antojitos
Quick and easy Mexican snacks to fill up your guests fast.
- Queso Fundido with Green Chorizo and Roasted Peppers »
- Chilaquiles with Pepitas, Charred Corn, and Black Beans »
- Choriqueso: Melted Cheese with Chorizo »
- Chicken and Bean Sopes »
- Fried Quesadillas with Pickled Jalapeños, Cilantro, and Chipotle Cream »
- Smoky Potato and Caper Empanadas »
- Beef Barbacoa Nachos with Pickled Red Onions
Serious dishes for serious partiers. Your extra time in the cocina will be repaid in contented sighs.
- Homemade Green Chorizo »
- Grilled Marinated Flank Steak Fajitas »
- Chicken Fajitas »
- Chiles En Nogada (Stuffed Chilis with Walnut Sauce) »
- Chicken with Tomatillo and Red Chili Sauce »
- Enchiladas Suizas »
You can't go wrong with a good Michelada—that's cold beer served over ice in a salt-rimmed glass with a shot of hot sauce and lime juice mixed right in—a good margarita is our personal drink of choice for Cinco de Mayo festivities. Not boozing? Try a horchata, a refreshing sweet drink made with rice and almonds.
- The Best Fresh Lime Margaritas »
- The Best Frozen Lime Margaritas »
- Pineapple Margaritas »
- Strawberry Rhubarb Margaritas »
- Watermelon Margaritas »
- Horchata (Mexican-style Milk and Almond Drink) »
About the author: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt is the Chief Creative Officer of Serious Eats where he likes to explore the science of home cooking in his weekly column The Food Lab. You can follow him at @thefoodlab on Twitter, or at The Food Lab on Facebook.