Who doesn't love a good tube steak? Juicy, snappy, and well-seasoned, they may not get the glory of, say, a steak or the praise of health nuts like chicken, but when it comes to pure, meaty flavor, they have 'em all licked.
Here are 25 recipes for the best homemade sausages, sausage-stuffed-things, and sauces, mustards, and relishes to serve them with. Let the sausage-fest begin.
Click through the slideshow above for some gorgeous photos of the sausages, or just check out the recipes below..
Sausage and Hot Dog Recipes
- Chicken Sausage with Basil and Tomatoes »
- Spicy Mango Chicken Sausage »
- Smoked Cheddar and Jalapeño Sausage »
- Breakfast Sausage »
- Green Chorizo »
- Mexican Chorizo »
- Grilled Sausage and Ricotta Pizza Sandwich »
- New England Chili Dogs with Pepper Hash »
- Sausage Stuffed Peppers »
- Armadillo Eggs (Cheese-Stuffed, Sausage-Wrapped, Grilled Jalapeños) »
- Sausage-Stuffed Apples »
- Grilled Chorizo Stuffed Poblano Peppers »
Sauces, Mustards, and Relishes
- Creamy Hot Dog Slaw »
- Small Batch Sauerkraut »
- Cheese Sauce for Cheese Fries and Nachos »
- Chili for Chili Burgers, Chili Dogs, or Chili Fries »
- Roasted Corn Relish »
- Sauced: Sweet Cucumber Relish »
- Sauced: Blueberry Ketchup »
- Homemade Ketchup »
- Spicy Brown Mustard »
- Whole Grain Dijon Mustard »
- Hot Mustard »
- Spicy Beer Mustard »
More Memorial Day Recipes!
- 24 Grilled Chicken Recipes For Your Memorial Day Grill »
- 16 Grilled Steak Recipes for Your Memorial Day Grill »
- 20 Grilled Pork Recipes For Your Memorial Day Grill »
- 26 Grilled Snacks, Appetizers, and Side Dishes For Your Memorial Day Grill »
- 13 Sweets for Your Memorial Day Cookout »
- Drinks for Memorial Day Weekend »
About the author: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt is the Chief Creative Officer of Serious Eats where he likes to explore the science of home cooking in his weekly column The Food Lab. You can follow him at @thefoodlab on Twitter, or at The Food Lab on Facebook.