Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! 10 Seussian Recipes to Celebrate
What better way to celebrate the life of beloved children's book author and illustrator, Dr. Seuss (née Theodor Seuss Geisel) than with a stack of his books and plate full of Seussian reading snacks? Taken straight from the beloved rhymes of our youth, here are 10 Seuss-centric dishes to celebrate his birthday today.
- Green Eggs and Ham: This iconic favorite gets a modernist twist.
- Catfish in the Hat: Pecan-crusted catfish.
- Yertle the Turtles: "I'm Yertle the Turtle! Oh, marvelous me! For I am the ruler of all that I see!" Chocolate Turtle Cookies.
- Hop on Pop(corn): Popcorn with 10 fun topping variations like mac and cheese powder, furikake, and more.
- Poodles Eating Noodles: "And the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles." Noodles with Bay Scallops, Snow Peas, and Ginger Sauce.
- "There's a Wocket in my Pocket": Grilled pocket pitas.
- Moose drinks: "A moose is asleep. He is dreaming of moose drinks." This maple-bacon shake sounds like something a moose would drink, right?
- Rainbow Cake: "In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!" Cakespy's Rainbow Layer Cake seemed perfect for this.
- Popovers: "My uncle ordered popovers from the restaurant's bill of fare. And, when they were served, he regarded them with a penetrating stare." Cheesy Herbed Popovers.
- Roast Beast: "And he, he himself...the Grinch... carved. The Food Lab's Roast Beef Po' Boy is sure a beast.