A Hamburger Today
Punny Oscar Menu: 10 Dishes Inspired by Nominated Films
We love our puns at Serious Eats, and the Academy Awards is a golden opportunity to pun-geek out on the nominees. Inspired by the films up for awards this year, we put together a menu for your Oscars-viewing parties this Sunday.
Some many of these dish concepts are total stretches and make very little sense. But hopefully all of you fellow pun lovers will get a kick out of them.
- "Extremely Moist and Incredibly Juicy": with The Food Lab's take on In-N-Out's Double-Double, Animal Style
- "Hugo, I Go, We All Go for Ice Cream": with Mr. Softee-style soft-serve
- "The Help Yourself to Some More Biscuits, Honey": with Andrew Carmellini's honey-drenched biscuits which he calls "the world's best biscuits"
- "The Kelp Salad": also inspired by The Help
- "Trees of Life Gratinée": with French in a Flash's broccoli gratin
- "Midnight Cookies in Paris": with Carrie's deep, dark chocolate walnut cookies
- "The Fartist": (sorry, had to do it) with a classic from-a-can 7-layer bean dip
- "Honeyballs": with easy no-bake peanut butter and honey balls
- WarHorse-radish: make Josh's from-scratch horseradish recipe
- "The Descend-Ants on a Tree": Sichuan mayi shang shu aka pork with mung bean threads (which translates to "ants climbing in trees" since the pork clings to the noodles as an ant clings to a tree).