plain and simple or amped up with bacon, jicama, or Sriracha. But the avocado is rich in possibilities—smash it on toast, mix it up with a salad, blend it into a milkshake. Here are our favorite non-guac ways to eat the avocado.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique