Seriously Delicious Holiday Giveaway: Southside Market Sausage, Chicken, and Steaks
We're giving away another crazy good food item today on Serious Eats. Try your luck!
When winter draws near, we start thinking about sausage. (Actually, we think about sausage year-round.) About the best, juiciest, meatiest, just-smoky-enough sausage we know is the sausage the Bracewell family makes and serves at their phenomenal Texas barbecue joint the Southside Market. The Bracewells are a generously spirited bunch and are back again this year with another holiday gift package for a lucky winner here. Just wait until you hear what it includes:
- Original Smoked Sausage (one pound): This is the sausage that started it all for Southside Market. Seasoned using spices that were available during the era of Southside's creation 130 years ago. A one-of-a-kind, all-beef sausage with a natural pork casing.
- Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage (one pound): A combination of pork and beef with fresh jalapeños and cheddar, this sausage is just spicy enough to wake up your taste buds.
- Premium Pork Garlic Sausage (one pound): A Texas favorite with just the right blend of spices and that extra kick of garlic.
- One Whole BBQ Chicken: Fresh from the farm, these chickens take three hours to smoke.
- Two Pork Steaks: Hand-cut by the Southside butchers in their fresh meat market and seasoned by the pit masters, these pork steaks are only available from Southside Market.
You can find all of this in their recently re-vamped online store.
Now, time to enter! Just tell us what your favorite barbecue joint is in the comment sections below.
You have until 1 p.m. ET tomorrow (January 2) to enter. One winner will be chosen at random from among the commenters. Contest winners are limited to residents of the continental U.S., You can only win once during the duration of the Seriously Delicious Holiday Giveaway contest, and only enter once per giveaway post. The standard Serious Eats contest rules apply.