A Hamburger Today
Seriously Delicious Holiday Giveaway: Zingerman's Praise the Lard Gift Box
We're giving away a crazy good food item today on Serious Eats. Try your luck!
The Serious Eats Holiday Giveaway series kicked off this week, and today you have a chance to win a prize that we've been giving away since we started these giveaways: Zingerman's Praise The Lard Gift Box. In our opinions, it's quite simply the best pork product group ever assembled in one gift box. Listen to what's inside:
- Nueske's Applewood Smoked Bacon: The Nueske family started smoking bacon in Hillcrest, Wisconsin, in the 1880s. They start with well-bred, well-fed hogs and serve them a mix of barley and corn. All the pork is hand trimmed and cured for 24 hours. They hang the slabs to dry and smoke them over applewood. You'll want to put this bacon on EVERYTHING.
- Broadbent Kentucky Sausage: Why is this Kentucky sausage, which comes in a cloth bag, so delicious? It's made with fresh ground pork, sage, red pepper, salt, and a secret ingredient or two and then smoked over green hickory for 24 hours. That's why? 'Nuff said
- La Quercia's Prosciutto: We love this stuff so much, we actually have a separate holiday giveaway just with La Quercia cured meats.
- French-Style Salami: Rich and ridiculously flavorful.
- Zingerman's Peppered Bacon Farm Bread: Bacon+Pepper+Zingerman's Bakehouse Bread=Serious Deliciousness
- Mo's Bacon Bar: Bacon+Chocolate=A sweet-salty kind of serious deliciousness
To enter the giveaway, just tell us your favorite way to serve prosciutto.
You have until 1 p.m. ET tomorrow (December 14) to enter. One winner will be chosen at random from among the commenters. Contest winners are limited to residents of the continental U.S., and you can only win once during the duration of the Seriously Delicious Holiday Giveaway contest. The standard Serious Eats contest rules apply.