Do you have an aspiring modernist cook on your shopping list this year? Here are some items that will pay themselves off in spades if you think about all of the exciting food they'll (hopefully) feed you as a result. Starter kits, books, grown-up Pop Rocks, and more.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.