For every food-lover in the five boroughs, there's an "I Heart NY"-r somewhere else in the States—a former Brooklynite, a Queens native, an occasional Manhattan visitor—who can't get enough New York eats. So here's our guide to classic NYC foodstuffs that can be shipped around the country—some more than a century old, some newer classics.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams