This week we celebrated Kenji's birthday with duck liver mousse (see more in the video below), ate gelato from Capogiro for breakfast, had taste tests for instant mashed potatoes and boxed stuffing (our requests for volunteer taste testers were mostly met with, "Nooooo"), and more! Check out the slideshow for all the action.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- The Best Sautéed Broccoli Rabe Is Overcooked Broccoli Rabe
- 30-Minute Meal Plan: Quick and Simple Recipes to Free Up a Busy Week
- The Yucatecan Secret for Adding Crispy, Cheesy Flavor to Any Taco
- How to Make Rich, Flavorful Caramel Without Melting Sugar