You eat with your nose as much as you do your mouth. Some food aromas are so powerful and potent, you can practically taste them after a deep whiff. Ever been in a bakery when they pull out a fresh loaf of bread? Or Thanksgiving, when the house smells of turkey-pie-stuffing-etc. all day long? Don't you kind of want to bottle up those scents for later? The SE staffers share their favorite food smells. What are yours?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes