Thomas Keller's food might speak for itself, but we're always excited to find out more about the man underneath those chef's whites. Last week KCET aired a short documentary on the chef who graduated from "the culinary school of minimum wage jobs." Did anyone get to watch it? Here's a short two-minute clip, which features a peek into Keller's slightly barren but extremely organized home kitchen (some of his unused pots were still in wrappers). He admits that he gets his slightly OCD nature from his mother.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques