In this video from the Perennial Plate series, we meet a man who lives out of his truck (and camping), teaches at The University of New Mexico about wild greens, and forages from the mountains. This episode doesn't have the craziness of the last few, but hopefully you can enjoy John Duncan's peaceful and excitable story as well as the Pine Tree Ice Tea.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie