In this video from the Perennial Plate series, we meet a man who lives out of his truck (and camping), teaches at The University of New Mexico about wild greens, and forages from the mountains. This episode doesn't have the craziness of the last few, but hopefully you can enjoy John Duncan's peaceful and excitable story as well as the Pine Tree Ice Tea.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Easy Cocktails: 35 Simple, 3-Ingredient Drinks to Make at Home
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Chicken Breast
- The Food Lab: These Fried Chicken Sandwiches Take Only 5 Ingredients to Make