In this video from the Perennial Plate series, we meet a man who lives out of his truck (and camping), teaches at The University of New Mexico about wild greens, and forages from the mountains. This episode doesn't have the craziness of the last few, but hopefully you can enjoy John Duncan's peaceful and excitable story as well as the Pine Tree Ice Tea.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide