A Hamburger Today
In Season: Onions
Walking past food trucks in the city, I love the smell of onions cooking on a flat top. Onions are around all year, but that doesn't mean we should take them for granted; they're one of the things that keep us happy through the winter.
Onions and other vegetables in the same family might be the first vegetable that's cut in preparing a meal. Check out Kenji's Knife Skills posts on "How to Cut an Onion," "How To Prepare Leeks" and his latest, "How to Peel Pearl Onions." As a major ingredient, a garnish, or just a supporting flavor, they're essential to so many of the dishes we love.
- French In A Flash (Classic): Pissaladiere
- French In A Flash: Sweet Onion And Goat Cheese Tarts With Thyme
- Dinner Tonight: Quick, Light French Onion Soup
- Cook The Book: Pickled Red Onions
- Cook The Book: Stewed Onions With Marjoram
- French In A Flash: French Onion Soup Dumplings
- The Food Lab: A Better Way to Caramelize Onions (Plus, French Onion Dip!)
- Crispy Duck With Blackberry Gastrique, Roasted Pearl Onions, And Israeli Couscous
What are your favorite ways to cook onions?