Chicken pot pie always sounds homey, but this dish is a production. You have to cook and cut up a chicken, make a sauce, parcook vegetables, and all the while prepare, chill, and roll out pie crust. The folks at America's Test Kitchen wanted to streamline the dish and get it on the table in 90 minutes, tops. And they wanted a completely homemade pie (no prefab crust) full of tender, juicy chicken and bright vegetables. Watch the video here to see how they did it, and then visit America's Test Kitchen for the recipe (free registration required).
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 3): 27 Labor Day Desserts to Save Room For
- Why Tea Addicts Go Crazy for Pu-Erh