Chicken pot pie always sounds homey, but this dish is a production. You have to cook and cut up a chicken, make a sauce, parcook vegetables, and all the while prepare, chill, and roll out pie crust. The folks at America's Test Kitchen wanted to streamline the dish and get it on the table in 90 minutes, tops. And they wanted a completely homemade pie (no prefab crust) full of tender, juicy chicken and bright vegetables. Watch the video here to see how they did it, and then visit America's Test Kitchen for the recipe (free registration required).
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique