Ah, guacamole. The piece de résistance of the dips while you're glued to the game. One of my favorite press releases to receive all year is the one from the Hass Avocado Board (HAB) telling us how many pounds of 'cados we'll be consuming during Super Bowl festivities. This year: an estimated 69.6 million pounds. That's enough avocados to cover the Dallas Cowboys stadium field (where the Bowl will be held on February 6) from end zone to end zone, 26.9 feet deep!
Now that your mind's been blown, here are some traditional and more experimental guacamole recipes. Adding bacon: blasphemy?
- Traditional Guacamole »
- Bacon and Tomato Guacamole »
- And Another One with Bacon »
- Wasabi Guacamole »
- Healthy & Delicious Tomatillo Guacamole »
- Dos Caminos's Guacamole »
- 5 Ways to Jazz Up Guacamole »