What to Eat for Breakfast on Christmas Day
After the mad ripping of wrapping paper and the squealing over dream-gifts-come-true, it's time for breakfast. Whether you cook up stack of sourdough waffles (my mother studded hers with local filberts) or a savory strata, a log-cabin of crispy bacon or a platter of caviar-topped scrambled eggs, a festive brunch is in order. Here are a few Serious Eats-approved recipes we've been considering.
What will you eat on Christmas morning? Do you crave sweet or savory breakfasts after the hard work of opening presents?
- Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Caviar
- Kale and Bacon Quiche
- Eggs in a Basket
- Spinach Strata with Sage and Gruyere
- Ham and Biscuits
- Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- Bacon, Leek, and Tomato Quiche
- Melba Wilson's Southern Fried Chicken and Eggnog Waffles
- Bacon Cheddar Broiled Grits