Video: The Kobe Beef of Pork: Mosefund Farm's Mangalitsa Pigs
"It's not the other white meat—it's the other red meat, we like to call it," says Michael Clampffer, Executive Chef & Vice President of Mosefund Farm in Branchville, New Jersey. This farm specializes in raising Mangalitsa pigs, a rare pig breed that has gained popularity in the U.S. over the past few years for its rich, red, well marbled meat. Mosefund Farm currently raises about 150 pigs on a diet of barley, wheat, and acorns. Learn more about Mangalitsa pigs in the latest episode of Food Curated from documentarian Liza de Guia, after the jump.
The Kobe Beef of Pork: Mosefund Farm's Mangalitsa Pigs
More from 'Food Curated'
- Behind the Scenes at Robicelli's Cupcakes »
- Spring Lake Farm Inspires Grass-Fed Movement in Upstate New York »
- The Red Hook Food Vendors »
- The Brooklyn Flea as Catalyst for Small Food-Based Businesses »
- The Gastronauts, an Eating Club for the Brave »
- Making Cold Smoked Salmon at Samaki Smokehouse in Port Jervis, New York »
- Bacon Marmalade »