Ice and vats of 350°F oil don't mix. Some people find this out the hard way: when they're deep frying a turkey. In front of their families and friends. On camera. Here's a compilation of fried turkey disasters to show you what not to do, unless you want to spend your Thanksgiving in the burn ward. Hell, you probably shouldn't fry a turkey at all. Watch the video after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants