Ice and vats of 350°F oil don't mix. Some people find this out the hard way: when they're deep frying a turkey. In front of their families and friends. On camera. Here's a compilation of fried turkey disasters to show you what not to do, unless you want to spend your Thanksgiving in the burn ward. Hell, you probably shouldn't fry a turkey at all. Watch the video after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast