I have a confession to make: I'm a Thanksgiving stuffing fanatic. I love the stuff: with turkey, with gravy, on a giant plate all by itself. Filled with nuggets of mushrooms or apples (or both), savory with meaty bits, nuts, sage and thyme—sometimes even cooked with a splash of sake. (Don't knock it till you've tried it.) Stuffing is by far my favorite of the Thanksgiving leftovers, so I sometimes even make a batch in advance of the holiday, just for practice.
Here are a few stuffing recipes that have caught my eye lately. I made the Gourmet Sage Cornbread Stuffing (listed at the top) last year and it was a real winner, but there are so many more recipe choices, it's hard to pick!
What's your favorite stuffing recipe?
- Sage Cornbread Stuffing Circa 1975 [Gourmet]
- Dressing with Apples, Bacon & Caramelized Onions [Fine Cooking]
- Wild Rice Dressing with Roasted Grapes and Walnuts [Bon Appetit]
- The Silver Palate's Corn Bread-Sausage Stuffing With Apples [SE]
- Artichoke Parmesan Sourdough Stuffing [Sunset]
- Porcini, Chestnut, and Sausage Stuffing [Martha Stewart]
- Smoky Chorizo Stuffing Recipe [FW]
- Meatless Wild Mushroom Stuffing [SE]
- Cornbread and Pumpkin Challah Stuffing with Dried Fruit [Martha Stewart]
- Crabmeat-and-Oyster Dressing [Southern Living]
- Mark Bittman's Favorite Bread Stuffing [SE]
- Oyster Stuffing [Saveur]
- Italian Chard Stuffing [Sunset]
- Giada's Ciabatta Stuffing with Chestnuts and Pancetta [FoodNetwork]