General Mills has temporarily re-issued its three "Monster" cereals (Count Chocula, Franken Berry, And Boo Berry) for the Halloween season. First appearing about forty years ago, the classics had disappeared from supermarket shelves, but are back for all you looking for a little trip down memory lane to your sugar-addled youth. Make sure to pick up a box by October 31—that's the last day you'll find them in stores. I tasted each, comparing shapes and cereal-infused milk hues.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later