General Mills has temporarily re-issued its three "Monster" cereals (Count Chocula, Franken Berry, And Boo Berry) for the Halloween season. First appearing about forty years ago, the classics had disappeared from supermarket shelves, but are back for all you looking for a little trip down memory lane to your sugar-addled youth. Make sure to pick up a box by October 31—that's the last day you'll find them in stores. I tasted each, comparing shapes and cereal-infused milk hues.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster