Eggs go through many quality control points before being packaged to make sure consumers don't end up with unsafe eggs. (This is assuming the egg farm is in good condition too so you don't end up with, oh, half billion contaminated eggs.) Here's a look inside an egg processing plant.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- How to Stock a Turkish Pantry: Flavorful Ingredients Worth Seeking Out
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops