Eggs go through many quality control points before being packaged to make sure consumers don't end up with unsafe eggs. (This is assuming the egg farm is in good condition too so you don't end up with, oh, half billion contaminated eggs.) Here's a look inside an egg processing plant.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.