A Hamburger Today
Serious Heat: Sriracha and Peanut Butter, and Other Odd Spicy Combos
A recent comment on a past post for homemade Sriracha captivated me as the responder admitted to drizzling the chile condiment on ice cream. Sriracha and ice cream? Sure, I'm not one to judge, but it's not a food combination that had ever entered my mind. So I searched the web for other unusual spicy combinations and found an overwhelming amount of people proclaiming their love for peanut butter and Sriracha, whether smeared on an English muffin or eaten straight off the spoon.
A few other combos I gleaned from posts across the web are the following: hot sauce doused on broccoli, bagels spread with salsa, almond butter spread onto wasabi crackers, hot sauce on a glazed Krispy Kreme donut, hot sauce and bologna sandwiches, saltines dipped into hot sauce and peaches sprinkled with red hot pepper flakes and salt.
So here are my quirky spicy combinations:
- Pineapple dipped in a mixture of Sriracha and salt.
- Hot sauce and butter drizzled over popcorn.
- Ranch dressing spiked with hot sauce over a salad.
- Ice cream topped with sliced strawberries and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Cucumber slices sprinkled with chile powder.
What are your odd spicy pairings? And why do you love them?