A Hamburger Today
10 Minimal-Labor Labor Day Grilling Recipes
Each day this week we're rounding up our favorite no-to-minimal-labor recipes for your Labor Day festivities this weekend. So far we've shared appetizers and salads and today it's time to fire up the grill.
- Ultra Crispy Burgers: If you're a sucker for crisp, brown, salty crusts on your burgers, this has all of that.
- Green Chile Cheeseburger: So we're typically burger purists, but sometimes feel possessed to throw a green chile on top.
- Pernil: Next to pulled pork, this is one of our favorite ways to prepare the magical swine.
- Beef Pinwheels: The two cheeses, salami, and scallions in the stuffing of this meat roll create a total flavorbomb.
- Chicken Fajitas: A short half hour marinade packs the chicken breasts with unmistakable flavors of lime and cilantro, and the grill will give it a nice slight-crisp crust.
- Pizza: Before you run out and grab all those burgers and hot dogs for this weekend's cookout, consider pizza. What comes off the grill is a real beauty of a pie.
- Corn with Chili Lime Butter: Just-grilled corn slathered with butter is always a winner, but this is how you take it to the next level: butter zazzed up with chili powder, cayenne, lime zest and juice.
- Salad with Grilled Radicchio & Knob Onions: This is a perfect example of how grilling can make just about anything better. Radicchio is bitter on its own, but here it takes on a rather pleasing bitterness.
- Grilled Peaches with Butter Rum Sauce: Fire up those peaches! And a little rum never hurt nobody.
- Plantains with Brown Sugar Glaze: Sweet slices of deliciousness. The perfect side for your Labor Day meats.