10 No-Labor Labor Day Desserts
To conclude the week of no-to-minimal-labor recipes for your weekend of feasting and bidding adieu to summer, here are 10 desserts that won't make you run out and buy any obscure spices or buy any fancy tools. No-cook berry crisp, pudding pops, DIY Reese's cups, and more.
- No-Cook Berry Crisp: A simple, seasonal treat that even your vegan friends can eat.
- Vanilla Ice Cream Without the Machine: Who says you can't make rich, smooth, creamy ice cream sans a special machine?
- Spicy S'mores: Move over the steaks and burgers grilling for the skewered marshmallows, which get even better with a blast of cayenne.
- Easy, No-Bake Peanut Butter Cups or Bars: DIY oversized Reese's Cups!
- Homemade Pudding Pops: Bill Cosby would be so proud.
- Tastykake-Inspired Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies: We'll just pretend these are "good for you" since they contain oatmeal.
- Double Chocolate Ice Cream Pudding Pie: The thick, velvety chocolate middle part falls somewhere between pudding and mousse.
- A Midsummer Night's Creamsicles: To sleep, perchance, to creamsicle.
- Simple Chocolate Mousse: The base recipe is pretty braindead-easy, plus you can flavor it with espresso, liqueur, sea salt, or any number of spices.
- Bartlett Pears a la Mode: Pears, like so many fruits, just get better when grilled.