10 No-Labor Labor Day Appetizers
Each day this week we'll round up our favorite no-to-minimal-labor recipes for your Labor Day festivities this weekend. Up first, appetizers!
- Green Pea Hummus: This is like the Pinkberry of the hummus world.
- Kale Chips: Just take those cruciferous leaves, toss them with vinegar, salt, and oil, pop them in the oven and you've got yourself a healthier-than-potato-chips snack.
- Mexican 'Fondue' with Chorizo and Tomatillo Salsa: Think of it as a Mexican-style fondue.
- Bacon-Wrapped Crimini Mushrooms: All you really need are the mushrooms, bacon, and some bamboo skewers.
- TMBC (Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil, Crouton) Skewers: Another chance to use those skewers! Serve these in a bean-filled jar for an impressive (and key words: minimal labor involved) presentation.
- Potato Skins: This recipe from America's Test Kitchen always produces the best skins, hands down.
- Spinach and Cannellini Bean Dip: There's only one problem with this one from Giada DeLaurentiis—you'll never, ever want to stop eating it.
- Deviled Eggs with Smoked Paprika: The secret to these is the smoked paprika. If you have sumac lying around, sprinkle that on top too.
- Buffalo Wings in Dip Form: All the concepts that make wings grand—tender chicken, buffalo sauce and blue cheese—combine into a warm dip. Spread it over crackers or tortilla chips.
- Grilled Shishito Peppers with Sesame Oil and Salt: Brush the little green peppers with sesame oil, grill them until they blister, then shake that salt shaker all over.