In Season: Eggplant
While we eat many vegetables for a bright flavor or fresh crunch, eggplant is a heartier, meatier specimen. It's a versatile guy, strong but mellow, able to soak up whatever it's cooked with—spicy, savory, or sweet. The large, purple variety will do you fine, but we're also fans of the Fairy Tale eggplant—small, less bitter, and needing no initial salting. Whatever your eggplant of choice, they're great roasted or grilled, chunked or pureed.
- Eggplant Caponata
- Eggplant Caviar
- Sichuan-Style Braised Eggplant
- Chicken And Eggplant in Black Bean Sauce
- Eggplant Baingan Kachri
- Chinese Eggplant with Garlic and Ginger Sauce
- Eggplant Lamb Lavash Wraps
- Eggplant in Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Broiled Eggplant Japonaise
- Steamed Spicy Eggplant
- Eggplant and Goat Cheese Spirals
What's your favorite way to eat eggplant?