Ads played in today's movie theaters usually annoy the hell out of me. But the concession stand ads and intermission trailers of the 1960s and before, less so. There's music! Animated hot dogs! Exclamation points! All I can think about is popcorn, candy bars, and soda! Watch the videos after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Video: The Food Lab's Foolproof Homemade Mayonnaise
- Not Your Average Frozen Cocktail: 11 Recipes to Try This Summer