Ads played in today's movie theaters usually annoy the hell out of me. But the concession stand ads and intermission trailers of the 1960s and before, less so. There's music! Animated hot dogs! Exclamation points! All I can think about is popcorn, candy bars, and soda! Watch the videos after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum