Ads played in today's movie theaters usually annoy the hell out of me. But the concession stand ads and intermission trailers of the 1960s and before, less so. There's music! Animated hot dogs! Exclamation points! All I can think about is popcorn, candy bars, and soda! Watch the videos after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: Sorry, Pulled Pork, It's Cochinita Pibil's Moment
- The Food Lab: How to Make New York's Finest Sicilian Pizza at Home
- How to Make the Most Flavorful Limeade, Summer's Best Drink
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- Serious Eats Recommends: 6 Food-Focused Books, Podcasts, and TV Shows We Love Right Now