"The dead cat in the freezer reminds me of my long-ago days of house- and pet-sitting. Once, an already-ill parakeet died on my watch, and not knowing the wishes of the owner, I placed it (lovingly!) in a freezer bag and into their freezer, in between 2 tubs of ice cream. Thanks for the tour!"—Marshmallow, on "A Virtual Tour of Kenji Alt's Food Lab Kitchen"
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster